Base Cap Mop Board Router Bit 1-3/4inD
Mill traditional “mop” boards and attractive base cap moldings. This router bit is ideal for renovators and homeowners who need to match extra-high base moldings in older homes. The bits can be used to rout base cap only, or to profile the edge of wide base molding. The wood species is up to you—use with hardwood or softwood to mill stain grade molding. Use with table mounted, CNC or automatic routers.
- Flutes: 2
- Brand: Freud
- Bit Type: Molding
- Diameter: 1-3/4″
- Shank Size: 1/2″
- Cutter Height: 1-1/2″
- Weight (lbs): 0.6000
- Manufacturer Part Number: 99-480
- Note: For best results make two or more passes.
- Routs a base cap measuring about 11/16″ thick x 1-3/8″ high.
- Carbide is 1-3/4″ dia. x 1-3/4″H.
- Sturdy 1/2″ shank for minimal vibration.