Big Horn 18806 Large Table Saw Push Button Switch
- Emergency Stop Cover
- Switches are commonly replaced parts in power tools
- Handles all on/off and also variable speed functions
- They also have a role in electric breaking
- As they can momentarily reverse electrical polarity
- Voltage / Amperage: 125 volts – 35 Amp – single phase
- Voltage / Amperage: 250 volts – 20 Amp – single phase
Because switches use mechanical internals, they tend to degrade and wear out over time, eventually requiring replacement.
Some common signs of a broken or failing switch are:
The tool will not start when you use the switch, or it requires multiple tries to turn on, until eventually it refuses to start at all. Then the variable speed function and electric braking aren’t working properly.